Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rocky Seniors Display

To be completely honest, I did not make it to the exhibit this week.
However, I did some research on the exhibit and was able to view a couple pictures that were displayed.

I was able to find out that there were three seniors whose art was included in this particular exhibit. Those three are Cassie Scheidecker, Krista Hoyes, and Monica Geary.

I found an article (after googling the exhibit) about the exhibit that had a photo attached by Cassie Scheidecker. The photo was of a person, presumably her, who was playing the guitar, but her arms and hands were surrounded by barb-wire. This photo was intended to represent the struggles Scheidecker has with a severe case of arthritis and how it complicates the things she loves to do. I found this particular composition inspiring, touching, and very emotional. It was an amazing photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment