Monday, November 16, 2009

Photography Assignment


USE OF THE COLOR RED

This is a branch off of a crab apple tree on campus
I used the lowest f stop (4) on my EF-S 55-250mm IS





A REFLECTION AS A MAIN POINT OF INTEREST
I focused on the one rain drop and the reflection of the branches you can see in it
I also used my EF-S 50-250mm IS for this shot



A SILHOUTTE AS A MAIN POINT OF INTEREST
This shot was taken in Rim Country with Dave's 70-200mm IS during sunset
I used a low f-stop and a low shutter speed for this photograph



USE OF LENS HYPERFOCAL SETTINGS
As I was looking through my photos to post on my blog, I realized that I had forgotten to take a photo using the hyperfocal settings on my camera. I, therefore, took a photograph that was "somewhat" in focus and used editing tools to sharpen it as much as possible. To have done this correctly while shooting, I should have raised the f-stop up and consequently brought my shutter speed down. However, this picture was taken at (I believe) an aperture of 5.6 which is typically too low to get a clear, focused picture from front to background.


USE OF PANNING/BLURRED MOTION

I used a panning motion while trying to capture this bird at Rim Country. However, in the process, the settings on my camera were not accurately placed and I could have not had my camera completely steady, plus the movement from the bird gave a little blur to the picture. This was also taken using Dave's 70-200mm.


DETAILED CLOSE UP

This was taken on Rocky's campus of a tree branch attached to a tree. I used my 50-250mm to take this shot and put the f-stop down to a 4 to create a highly blurry background and a small focus point.



CLEAR USE OF THE "RULE OF THIRDS"

This tree was shot in a prairie dog town in Rim Country. It was a lone tree in the plain of the town and I thought it somewhat interesting. I tried using the Rule of Thirds to evening split the landscape and create a photograph under this particular rule.


YOUR PICK

I like this photograph because it gives a clear, focued look of the branch and the snow placed on top of it, but you also get some snow falling in the background which I think looks pretty cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment