Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Modifying Natural Light

I found this section of our book quite handy because I've had many questions myself on what filters I should use for different effects that I'm going for.

The book talks about polarizing filters, split neutral density filters, graduated neutral density filters, standard ND filters, blue/gold polarizing filters, and some other items to use while creating the light and colors that you are looking for.

Probably my favorite, or the one I might find most useful is the Split neutral density filters. This is used by a lot of landscape photographers and it enables them to use part of the filter, that has a grey tint on it, to cover a highly lighted area, or overexposed area of the shoot, to darken that part of the image. Genius. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment